Friday, October 18, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes: Review + Swatches

Hello everyone! Today I'll be reviewing the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blushes.  I know all of you guys have probably heard of them - they're super hyped up in the beauty community, and for a reason!  Tarte Cosmetics is a cruelty free brand, and a lot of the products from Tarte are vegan as well.  They use natural ingredients, and a lot of people with skin sensitivities really enjoy their products.

Without further ado, here we go!


Top row:  Flush, Frisky
Bottom Row:  Tipsy, Splendor, Blushing Bride.
The blushes are about 3 inches in diameter and come in a multitude of colors.  Be aware that the color on the outside of the package doesn't necessarily match the shade of blush on the inside - be sure to swatch and see!

Splendor, the tiny blush in the bottom center, is a mini-sized product that came in a gift set.  I haven't seen it sold individually, but it occasionally pops up in a small Tarte set from time to time.


Here's what they look like opened.  They have a lovely pattern on the top, which unfortunately disappears as you use more product.  I love the mirror on the cover:  they're a great size and I wish other blushers would follow suit and come with large mirrors too.


From left to right: Tipsy, Flush, Frisky, Blushing Bride, Splendor.

Although these don't quite last 12 hours on me, they usually wear for about nine, with only a little bit of fading at the end of the school or work day.  They come in a multitude of colors, and while they are super pigmented (be careful you don't pick up too much product on your brush!)  they are easily blend able and natural looking.  I use my Real Techniques blush brush to apply and blend the product on my skin, and it's a perfect combination!

Overall, I give these a 9/10.  Definitely pick them up if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment