Saturday, October 19, 2013

Flower Beauty Creme Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches and Thoughts

Today's review is of the Flower Beauty Creme Eyeshadows in Flirty Floret and Wild Geranium.  I've been dying to try out Flower Beauty since it launched earlier this year - Drew Barrymore's line is affordable and cruelty free, two things I completely adore.




The packaging is bulky, but the rose gold accents are to die for.  I think these are the prettiest creme eyeshadows I own.  I also love that you can get a good idea of the product color through the glass container - a lot of drugstore products can have opaque or slightly tinted packaging, leave you guessing about the color because you can't swatch in store.


I LOVE the bottoms of these.  I store them on their side, or sometimes upside down.  Storing your cream eyeshadows upside down will prevent them from drying out quickly.  There's quite a bit of excess, unnecessary packaging - something most Flower products are guilty of, but I think it's gorgeous so I'm willing to overlook that.


These products come with a stopper on the top of them.  It makes sense to have them there, because these are a very whipped, mousse like consistency that can get very messy if you're not careful.  The stopper reminds me of that in the L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows - I have never used them, but judging from pictures I've seen, I think the packaging design is very similar.


This is what the products look like open.  Look at how rich and whipped the consistency is!  I usually just use my brush on the stopper of the product - there's quite a lot there and a little bit goes a very long way.


Left and right:  Wild Geranium, Flirty Floret.

The downside to these colors is that they are only sold at Walmart.  While I understand Drew's desire to make these products accessible, a product advertised at cruelty free should not be restricted to a shady, unethical business.  I was on the fence about buying these for a while, because I do not support Walmart's ethics.  For that reason, while I love these products, I will not be purchasing any more of them.  In total, I got a few lip butters, a foundation stick, and these shadows, but I will not buy any more even though I'm pleased with the Flower Beauty line.

I really wish Drew would consider expanding retailers.  It would garner more interest in the line and I'm sure others wouldn't be very turned off by having limited ways to acquire this product.

In total, I give these shadows a 7.5/10.  Flower Creme Play Eyeshadows retails for $7.98 and can be found at Walmart locations across the United States.  Are you guys interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment