Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone Palette: Review + Swatches

Hi everyone! Today I'll be reviewing the Comfort Zone palette from Wet'n'Wild.  I know you guys have probably heard a lot about this palette - it's pretty well liked in the beauty community, and for good reason!  Initially I was really skeptical of the quality of this palette, often when people suggest that drugstore products are identical in quality to higher end products, I'm a little skeptical.  While a lot of drugstore products work really well on me, I haven't had success in finding pigmented, blendable eyeshadows at an affordable price.  So the more I saw this product raved about, the more curious I was about it.
I finally picked up this palette at CVS along with a few Wet n Wild lipsticks (review coming soon!).   The brand is often on sale (for buy one get on 50% off or something comparable), so I recommend waiting for a sale.



You get eight shadows here: four neutrals in the left hand column, and four green-based shadows on the left.  The shades don't have individual names, but are labeled "Browbone, Eyelid, Crease, Eyeliner."  I've tried out the suggested combination, but I find that they look best when experimented with.


The packaging is plastic - a little flimsy, but acceptable.  I love the clear cover, however - I like seeing the colors I have to work with.  I've heard that these can break very easily, so be careful!  They may not be the best for travel, although the packaging is small and compact.



The shadows don't have individual names, but I swatched the columns from left to right here without a primer.  Only one swatch per shadow!  As you can see, the eyeshadows are INCREDIBLY pigmented and rich.  I noticed no visible fading when I wore them with a primer.  The last shadow is an awesome duochrome, and it looks fabulous on the lids.  The photo does no justice.  It reminds me of a lot of the duochrome glitters from Fyrinnae.

Overall, I give this palette a 9.5/10.  It's a fantastic palette for it's value.

Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone is sold for $4.99 and is available at CVS and Walgreens in the US.  Will you be picking it up?


No comments:

Post a Comment