Sunday, November 24, 2013

Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics: First Impressions, Review and Swatches!

A few weeks ago I made my very first purchase from Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics.  I've heard glowing reviews about them from Reddit, so I decided to bite the bullet and make an order.  I ordered one full size shadow (Tempest) and the beauty blogger package.  Carrie threw in two free samples as well.



The shadows come wrapped like this - I thought the presentation was charming!


Inside of the package, everything is placed securely in a plastic baggie.  None of the shadows had spilled and none of the lids had been twisted off - a good note, because sometime indie shadows can arrive with a bit of spillage.



Everything all laid out!

Swatches from left to right, over Fyrinnae pixie epoxy: Tempest, Silence, Neno, Lunatic Shrilling, Poisoned Grapes, Jupiter Rain, Stripper Zombie, Speak to the Devil, More Weight

I do apologize if the shadows look lumpy or not smooth in any way - I appear to be allergic to pixie epoxy and it makes my skin swell up :(  After these swatches I got rid of my rube of PE - now when I apply NM shadows to my eyes, I use Urban Decay Primer, a base, and Too Faced Glitter Glue.  It works just as well and doesn't break me out.


These shadows are immensely pigmented, and a fraction of the price of similar-quality cosmetics (UD, Sugarpill, Lorac).  They lasted all day on my lid, and I'm in love with each and every shade I bought.  Sometimes buying indie can be a bit of a gamble because I can't find too many swatches on medium skintones, but I honestly say that I will wear each and every one of these colors happily.


The note was a super sweet touch.  I didn't explicitly ask for the samples to be vegan, but she noticed that everything I ordered was vegan and took note!  That's a seriously thoughtful gesture to make, the type that endears me to indie shops :) It definitely makes me want to order more from her in the future.

I want to mention that Notoriously Morbid has a shade called Jupiter RAINN - a lovely blue that I swatched above.  All of the proceeds from this shadow go towards this fantastic charity that supports survivors of sexual violence. I love the idea of this and I really respect the owner for choosing to donate to RAINN.

Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics can be found at http://notoriouslymorbid.storenvy.com/.  I definitely recommend trying them! They have a Black Friday sale coming up, so that's something to be mindful of if you'd like a deal on your products.

10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment