Sunday, December 8, 2013

Laura Mercier Artist Palette 2: Review + Swatches

Hey everyone! Today I'll be reviewing the Laura Mercier Artist 2 Palette for fall 2013.



The packaging on this is textured and firm.  It's a little heavier than most of my other palettes, including UD Naked.



The mirror stays open on it's own, which is a huge positive.  The packaging is not flimsy or cheap, and it has a good-sized mirror on the top.



These photographs lean a little cool toned, but the palette is much more vibrant in real life.  The pans are much larger than pans in, say, the Lorac Pro or UD Naked palette, so you're getting quite the deal here.



Top row: Sparkling Dew, Guava, African Violet, Plum Smoke, Kir Royal, Violet Ink
Bottom Row: Vanilla Nuts, Primrose, Fresco, Bamboo, Truffle, Espresso Bean

These shadows are pigmented, buttery, and very versatile.  I can easily do neutral eyes, smokey eyes, and fun glittery eyes (utilizing african violet!) with this palette, which makes it a home run in my eyes.

The mattes in this palette aren't prone to much fallout, so I definitely prefer these over UD mattes.

Overall, I give this guy a 10/10.  It's limited edition, so I definitely suggest you get it sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment